The Live for Speed Vehicle Editor (abbreviated as LFS Editor) can be used to create your own vehicle mods.
The latest version of LFS Editor can be downloaded from the official Downloads page - in the "Additional Downloads - Vehicle editor" section.
Direct link: LFS_EDITOR_7C_setup.exe
Once you have the editor installed, the LFS Editor can be started by clicking the LFS_EDITOR icon in the editor installation folder.
The LFS editor consists of two distinct modes - a Vehicle Editor and a Modeller, which can be switched between seamlessly in the editor itself. Additionally, in Options you can set screen settings, modify the driver options or adjust the interface.
To unlock the editor, you need to be registered on the official website and you must own an S3 license. If you do not have an S3 license yet, you can buy it on the official shop page.
Where to go next?
To get familiar with the LFS Editor features, you can check the following reference manual pages:
Frequently asked questions
If you are facing a problem with the LFS Editor or you have a question but don't know where to look, check if your question has already been answered:
There are also guides for various features in the editor:
- General Editor guides
- Vehicle Editor Guides
- Modeller Guides
- Loading & Saving a Model
- Custom Background Images
- Customisable Colours
- Car Lights
- Model level of detail (LOD) and Shadow / Physics / Collision Meshes
- Draw Order of Materials and Triangles
- Smoothing Groups
- Creating a Skin Texture
- Extrude and Lathe Functions
- Moving Parts of a Model to a Different Model
- LFS Mods Introduction (11:49)
- LFS Modeller Overview (3:30)
- View Controls Overview (3:40)
- Updating a mod with a new version (4:06)
- Building the Brickmobile: Part 1 - Model (11:58)
- Exporting from Blender to LFS Editor (3:01)
- Building the Brickmobile: Part 2 - Texturing (9:24)
- Building the Brickmobile: Part 3 - First Drive (5:07)
- LFS Steering Animation Editor (12:09)
- Building the Brickmobile: Part 4 - Level of detail (LOD) meshes (5:43)
- Building the Brickmobile: Part 5 - Masses and object positions (5:22)
- Bike Steering & Suspension (13:19)
- LFS Editor HOW-TO guide 1 (47:26)
- Texturing & Clock Mapping (6:19)
- Custom Configurations (3:27)
- Suspension Types & Suspension Tuning (19:41)
- Aerodynamics (12:47)
- Driver & Dash Adjustment (3:55)