Setting Vehicle Mod Suspension Types
|This page or section is being initially created, or is in the process of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by.|
To set double wishbone suspension you will need a thrust bearing, and upper and lower pivot. These are points on the car body, created in the Vehicle Editor in the same way as 'frame' points then set to the appropriate type.
- Press S for 'Special Draw'
- Click (near the top right)
- Position this point somewhere inboard of the lower part of the front suspension
- Adjust to 'lower pivot'
- Deselect that point by clicking on it
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to create an 'upper pivot' somewhere above the lower pivot
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to create a 'thrust bearing' somewhere above the pivot points
- Now you can set the type to Double Wishbone (in the tab at top left)
For single seaters you will probably want to add additional points and tubes so you form a 'wishbone' shape instead of a single rod connecting the suspension to the car.
For examples you can have a look at the existing Formula cars.
After setting up the suspension, press ⇧ Shift + L to see a diagram of the suspension geometry and press space to see how it reacts when the car is dropped. You can also switch on thein tab (at the top left) to see how the car falls down to the bump stops. This can help you to observe the way the camber changes according to the suspension geometry.