LFS Editor/Guides/Driver Animations
In the animation editor you can edit the sit and steer animations. Press A in the Vehicle Editor to enter the animation editor. Buttons to save and load animations are at the top left. Driver animations are named str_xxx and passenger animations (which have a single frame) are named sit_xxx. The 'xxx' part of the name is up to 7 characters and can be set in the section in the vehicle editor.
To edit a steering animation: (LMB = left mouse button)
- Enter animation editor by pressing A in the vehicle editor
- Note the buttons and at bottom right
- Select an individual frame on the timeline at bottom left
- Select any bone you want to move or rotate (switch on and off to make this clearer)
- Hold Q/W/E for x/y/z rotation - rotate by dragging left or right with LMB
- Hold A/S/D for x/y/z movement - drag with LMB in relevant direction
- Check for smooth movement by moving the timeline slider
- Click to save the file (in your data\move folder)
|The steering animation should contain very little head movement and rotation. The game automatically applies head rotation and lean in real time for steering and lateral force.