LFS Editor/Guides/Smoothing Groups
From LFS ManualJump to navigationJump to search
A smoothing group is a group of triangles which appears to form a smooth surface. The boundary between two different smoothing groups appears to have a sharp edge.
Assigning triangles to a smoothing group
You can change the smoothing group of individual triangles in the groups view mode.
- Modeller. Go to the
- from the top menu bar. mode Select
- button. view mode Click the
- On the 3D model, select triangles whose smoothing group you want to change. For example, use Ctrl + LMB to select one triangle at a time.
- smoothing group buttons. Click one of the numbers to assign the selected triangles to that group. In the top right corner, you will see a set of
- When prompted with a confirmation dialog, click yes.